Vegan Apple “Chicken” Salad
This is another van life friendly recipe that is super simple, super quick, super tasty, and super versatile! Did I mention it was super?
- 1 Package Vegan Chicken Strips (I prefer Beyond Meat)
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Mayo (I prefer Just Mayo)
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Yogurt (I prefer Dairy-Free Silk)
- 1 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Dry Cranberries
- 2 Apples (your choice – I prefer Fuji, fight me)
- If you want sandwiches: Bread (I prefer Dave’s Killer Bread – IMO the bread makes or breaks a good sandwich)
- Chop red onion, throw into a large bowl.
- Dice apples into small cubes, add to the bowl.
- Add the mayo, yogurt, cranberries, and red wine vinegar into the bowl with the onions and apples.
- Warm up a skillet.
- Add your chicken strips to the skillet and cook until brown/tender.
- When the chicken is done, pat dry with a paper towel, and then add to the bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- Serve as a salad or add the salad to some bread for a tasty sandwich.
- The remaining vegan apple chicken salad can be stored in meal prep containers for sandwiches throughout the rest of the week.
Voilà – Ez Pz!