Beans are a staple when you’re vegan. In this article I’m going to go over my go-to recipe for creating a quick vegan burrito filling with black beans and also share with you my super secret ingredient. This recipe is van life friendly as it only requires heat from a stove or whatever you are using as a heat source. The filling can be stored in the fridge so you can spend time cooking once and have meals for the rest of the week.
- 2 Cups Brown Rice (I like to use the Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1/4 Cup of Red Onion
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- SUPER SECRET: 1/4 Cup of Coconut Flakes (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Open the can of black beans, warm up in a pot, and then throw them in a large bowl.
- Make your brown rice (with whatever method you choice) and then add to the bowl.
- Warm up a small skillet.
- Chop the red pepper, green pepper, and red onion. Throw the vegetables into the skillet and saute until tender
- Add the veggies to the bowl with the brown rice and black beans
- Throw your coconut in the bowl and mix all the ingredients together
- Serve on a tortilla with avocado and hot sauce (I choose you Ortega!)
Voilà – Ez Pz!