Vegan Grilled Tofu Sandwiches
For the longest time I could not figure out a way to add tofu to my meals without spending a ton of time prepping the tofu. Every recipe calls for squeezing out water for ~30 minutes, chopping into cubes, and then baking for another ~30 minutes. I never have time for this, so I discovered an easier way to prepare tofu and include it in my diet.
- 14 Oz Tofu Block (Firm or Extra Firm)
- Vegan Cheese (I prefer Chao)
- Vegan Mayo (I prefer Just Mayo)
- Bread (I prefer Dave’s Killer Bread – IMO the bread makes or breaks a good sandwich)
- Open the tofu, drain the water. Squeeze out whatever excess you can using paper towel.
- Warm up a skillet.
- Slice the tofu into 10 pieces.
- Lightly season each piece/side of tofu with salt & pepper.
- Warm up each piece of tofu in the skillet until it’s a light golden/brown color on both sides.
- Slice the onion and tomato while the tofu is cooking.
- Take 2 pieces of bread, slather vegan mayo on each piece.
- Add 2 pieces of tofu, a piece of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and some avocado.
- The rest of the ingredients can be stored in meal prep containers for sandwiches throughout the rest of the week.
Voilà – Ez Pz!